Joy and wonder are what kids bring to our lives. They appreciate even the smallest gestures and marvel at simplest things. But sometimes they don’t behave as well as they should. They throw tantrums, run around and annoy guests. Even though everyone loves children, some couples request guests to leave their little tots at home to help maintain order at their weddings. But if you don’t want to do that, here are some tips to help you manage kids at your wedding.
- Prepare a room for the moms with small children where they can feed, settle crying babies, and change diapers.
- Buy baby food and decorate it with stickers that match your wedding theme.
- Purchase cute pacifiers with charms to keep the babies entertained.
- If budget allows, buy a portable playpen with plush toys to keep them entertained.
- Get a babysitter to manage the kids.
- Have a table exclusively for kids. Prepare gift baskets with a coloring book, colors and toys.
- Do not give the kids sweets for they will become hyperactive.
- Get a separate room with TV and load it with DVDs so they can be distracted.
- Ask your caterer to prepare a menu just for kids. Include chicken nuggets, pizza, fries and other comfort food to make the kids happy.
- Give kids bubbles during the ceremony. It will keep them entertained and make awesome wedding backgrounds!
- Say thank you to your little flower girls by giving them wedding-themed Barbie dolls. They will love it.
Ages 10 -15
- Assign a table for them filled with board games and card games.
- For little bridesmaids, purchase beads and threads for them to make their own wedding souvenirs.
- Buy cheap disposable cameras and assign them as little photographers.
- Ask them to watch over the little kids and give them rewards like cool Boggle, Operation and Etch-A-Sketch pens.
Kids can bring funny candid moments on your special day. Just remember to keep them entertained because a bored kid is a destructive kid.