Glowing. Elegant. Beautiful. These are the qualities of a perfect bride. Everyone must pale in comparison to her. And, as dutiful members of the bridal entourage, bridesmaids should present in their beauty by wearing dresses that complement and show the beauty of the bride’s dress.
Bridesmaids’ dresses are just some of the wedding details that are often overlooked. Like a runway show, the final dress should be punctuated by the preceding pieces. The bridesmaids should look pretty but not to an extent that it would overwhelm the beauty of the bride.
Here are some tips you should know when looking for the perfect bridesmaids’ style:
- Instead of doing different dress designs using the same fabric or color, make a single dress design but have every bridesmaid wear it in a different color.
- Choose a dress that the bridesmaids could wear on other occasions. A simple white or black tube dress worn with a sash that complements the wedding motif could be worn at other occasions without looking like it was originally a bridesmaid’s dress. You could also use different ribbon or sash colors for variation.
- Do not be afraid to use printed fabric when doing the dresses. Choose prints that will complement the bride’s gown design.
- Hairpieces could help liven up a bridesmaid’s outfit. Short veils in different colors and other interesting hairpieces could be worn by the bridesmaids. They could also incorporate the same kind of flowers found in the bride’s bouquet as hairpieces.
- Instead of the usual bouquet, the bridesmaids could opt for elegant corsages or flower necklaces.
A wedding is all about the bride and groom. But remember, bridesmaids should also have fun!